Yoga Meditation - Viparita Karani Can Help Increase Intelligence Really? How is Viparita Karani going to help me, you might ask. Well, there are a lot of techniques with yoga that can help you out with many things. One of the ...
The Top Five Reasons Why A Person Needs Yoga Yoga has been done for many generations now and it’s really starting to become popular again as people see all of the healthy benefits that comes with doing yoga. When you do ...
I decided to do a little car yoga because driving to work today I got caught up in a lot of stop go traffic. I commute an hour each way to work. And I'll bet there are a lot of yoga ...
What is Bikram Hot Yoga Bikram Hot Yoga was originally made popular in the seventies, as it was assimilated from more ancient and traditional forms of yoga; originated by Bikram Choudhury (an Indian yoga guru who claimed extraordinary health-restoring powers for ...
What is Viparita Karani
Earlier last month, I wrote an article about how Viparita Karani Can Make You Wiser. Lets look into this further as it has really grabbed the attention of the yoga community.
Viparita Karani is an exercise system, using a body position of Yoga practitioners known as an “asana.” Asanas originally came from the Hatha yoga system, a set of exercises created by Yogi Swatmarama, a Hindu 15th century sage. “Hatha” means “sun/moon,” and the exercise system is thus an attempt to balance the sun/moon of the biodynamic, the body (bio) and the dynamic (mind). This philosophy determined that the best method of doing so was in stretching and sitting exercises—hence the creation of the “asana” body positions.
Originally most asana were sitting positions, where the spine was aligned with the spiritual forces of the universe and thus became a conduit, a pipeline so to speak, for the energies of Continue reading “Viparita Karani Yoga Asana…Eliminate Stress” »
- October 13, 2011Viparita Karani Yoga Asana...Eliminate Stress(0) Comments
- October 11, 2011Yoga From Hell - Bikram Hot Yoga the New Hotness(0) Comments
- October 8, 2011What Is Ashtanga Yoga - Does It Suit You(0) Comments
- October 7, 2011Ask Yoga Today – Preventing Knee Pain in Bow Pose(0) Comments
- October 7, 2011Ask Yoga Today – How to Strengthen Your Downward Dog(0) Comments
- October 7, 2011Ask Yoga Today – Incorporating Kundalini(0) Comments
- September 30, 2011Considering A New Yoga Teacher Or Yoga Class(0) Comments
- September 28, 2011Health Benefits of Yoga(1) Comments
- September 26, 2011Car Yoga - Relax your Road rage(0) Comments
- September 24, 2011Top 5 Reasons Why You Need Yoga(0) Comments